Keep an eye out for inspiration

Monday, December 13, 2010

Halloween Costume Pictures

 Darling,

Remember Halloween? Yep, the night where everyone dresses up and you get candy (if you are lucky). I had posted a sketch of the costume I was planning on making and promised to follow up with a picture of the actual costume. I finally acquired the one and only picture of the said costume and here it is for your enjoyment.


I used an old turtle neck for the main dress and an old t-shirt and tape for the petals. I added a belt because the dress had no shape to it. The stamen crown was made of gold paper circles taped to wire attached to a gold headband. Green tights and boots completed the look - I had no time for grass socks. I'm quite pleased with the results considering I only started working on it the night before (procrastination queen).

My husband dressed up as Batman and my friend was either a specter or the walking dead from another era. She wasn't sure about the specifics, only about the dress. She thrifted the dress from a consignment store in Montreal. She also bought a wig which she styled into a perfect loose low bun. I've never seen someone look so good in a 15$ wig.

We saw many great handmade costumes and a great deal of hand-selected underwear - definitely inappropriate apparel for the weather.

Overall, yet another great nights for ghosts, ghouls and fetishes.

Cheers!

P.S. I am aware it's almost Christmas. I'll post something more festive next.

No comments:

Post a Comment