Keep an eye out for inspiration

Thursday, February 24, 2011

{Best of A Year of Shoes} Mary Poppins?

Darling,
It's been a while since I've posted a shoe from my calendar. Today's shoe stir-up quite a debate.
You see, this shoe makes me think of Mary Poppins and my husband thinks I'm crazy. Let me defend my case and you be the judge.

This beaded Victorian Barret leather boot from 1870 has a very particular heel. If you could look closely at the shoe visible on Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews 1964) in the following supporting evidence.

picture via mptvimages.com

VoilĂ ! It's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! The film is set in 1910 not too long after the shoe was made and clearly the heel and shape of the boot are very similar. I rest my case. It's up to the jury now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment