Keep an eye out for inspiration

Monday, February 7, 2011

High Class in 1948

Darling,

Fashion Week is coming up fast. Will we make it? We don't really have a choice. Sorry again for the delay, I've been working hard.

I love this dress. It was worn by Googie Withers in her role as Clare the wife of mermaid smitten physician Paul Martin (Griffith Jones) in the 1948 British comedy Miranda. It was her breakfast gown. I look at my breakfast attire right now and I'm not impressed: boxers, t-shirt and pink dressing robe. The movies showcase past years as so glamorous but was it really the case?
Do you get dressed before going to breakfast? Or is it more a stumble to the coffee maker in whatever state the night has left you in?

Maybe I just need a nicer robe, just a thought.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment