Keep an eye out for inspiration

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sitting is hard

Darling,
I can't believe New York fashion week has started. I can't even appreciate it because I'm so busy rounding up details for our show coming up on the 15th. We have the official fitting on Sunday and I know we still haven't finished all the pieces. Oh well.

Considering I spend a lot of time people watching in the subway, I need to start practicing seated people. It's hard to make them look good. I also have a hard time with collared shirts - case-in-point. 
On a happy note, look what my shoe calendar offered today. A gorgeous pump made from repurposed leather and vintage kimono fabric. Upcycling, I love it. It's called the "Kiki" pump and was designed by Hetty Rose in 2009.


What do you think?
If you have 350 British Pounds ($560 US) visit her web site hettyrose.co.uk, she will hand make the perfect shoe for you. If, like me, you enjoy browser shopping go see what amazing things you can make from vintage kimono fabric.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment